Monday, May 23, 2011

back to my roots

On Saturday I spent the perfect morning with this handsome fella. 


Meet Harley.
My main man for the past 6 1/2 years. 
The horse version of myself. 
My childhood dream come true.  

I had to go to the barn early to meet the vet. He was coming to look at Harley because he turned up lame last week. Luckily, he found nothing serious. He's just an old man and has some stiff joints from 15 year career of jumping. 

It was a calm morning at the barn. After the vet left I gave Harles a much needed bath and then let him graze in the sunshine we hadn't seen for a week. 

There's something about being at the barn that calms me down and makes me feel like myself. 

I love the smell (seriously. I know it's gross but the smell of manure is one my favs), I love the sounds, the feel of dirt on my hands.

 Sometimes it's hard for me to believe that the people I've met here in the past couple years don't know the horse girl side of me, because for so many years the majority of my thoughts and day dreams revolved around these big animals.  



I never thought I'd be one of those girls who grew up and suddenly didn't have time for her horse anymore. reality sucks some times
The thought of not seeing this guy for a year and a half let alone having to sell him someday.....just kidding let's not think about that. I'm just going to enjoy the time I have with him now. 

Cheers to Harley boy. 



No comments:

Post a Comment